Tuesday 10 January 2012

Reflection A

I chose this topic because I am interested in the Social Studies side of learning like history, wars, etc, also I have never heard of the Darfur genocide before. What I have noticed is people just don't care enough to make a change. After watching the movie "Darfur Now" I learned that not only do we not care, most people don't even know whats going on in the world including Sudan and all of Africa for that matter. By learning about this topic it has definitely changed my understanding of the issues of the world. By learning about this topic, it makes me wonder that maybe all Africa is in state of Famine and genocides because its marginalized by the rest of the world.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent cartoons. It really makes you think about how we 'choose' what's important to focus on. Any ideas about the reasons for apathy around Darfur genocide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. There is alot of people that don't have the knowledge of this genocide, including myself. I love how the cartoon says "my, my, my"; seems to me, people only seems to care about what affects them and them only.

    ReplyDelete