Tuesday 10 January 2012

What I think

     This whole thing started in 2003, so yes I do have a few things to say. First, why did it take four years for Al-Bashir to allow the UN into Sudan? By denying the United Nations access to a country isn't it obvious that something is wrong or someone is hiding the truth. I understand the process of politics is slow, but they let the fighting, rapes and murders of thousands of Darfur's citizens continue for four years before the UN put there foot down. In the four years too many people died, too many people lost there homes. The UN has been in Sudan about five years now and people are still dying from starvation and disease because 2.5 million people are scattered all over Sudan making it almost impossible for them to find humanitarian aid. I am still trying to understand that if a country is suspected of genocide, why did they still need approval of the accused (Al-Bashir) to enter Sudan?



1 comment:

  1. I agree. It seems to me every issue in Africa is just getting the bare minimum of treatment. All we can ask is "Why" and never get a proper and well explained answer can we?

    ReplyDelete